However, my weekly polymer clay fix is continuing. This is somewhat conducive to my happiness considering I am a professional artist!
I wanted to have another bash at the fractured leaf technique I botched up last week and in doing so I discovered something new!
Exhibit A : A glass baking sheet with some buttons, a bead, a repaired texture plate and a bizzare mobius inspired form…..
Exhibit B: happy button closeups, these are much more satisfying to me than last week’s 🙂 Fractured metal leaf tinted with alcohol ink and one textured button.
Now Exhibit C: Features the strange mobius shape. I was forming a round pendant with bevelled edges and decided it was too large so I used a cutter to remove the middle (I ended up discarding it anyway, sigh). I was left with this bizzare ribbon of clay and couldn’t stop myself pinching it together and voila!
With the addition of some trusty waxed cotton cording we have this beauty 🙂 It needs a proper thickness of leather methinks or perhaps suede but it has already survived the ‘Clumsy Harry’ test of being dropped down the stairs…..I have high hopes for this one.